6 Essentials Oils I use every day
I adore Essential Oils because they are so versatile. They can uplift you, help you relax, heal your physical wounds and so much more. You can use them to make cosmetics, cleaning products, laundry and so on.
My favourite way of using them is as an aromatherapy.
- Frankincense – The Grounding one. Frankincense is EVERYTHING and more but it’s the smell that first converted me. As a fact this the first oil I’ve ever discovered. I use Frankincense in beauty products and in oil blends just for the delicious smell.
- Sweet orange – Uplifting and mood boosting Sweet Orange essential oil is amazing for a mid afternoon boost. It’s my go to when I’m feeling a bit meh and need a mental pick me up. It smells delicious and might make you get in the kitchen and cook something 😉
- Neroli – For beauty products. I use Neroli in my night oils blend. The benefits of this oil include anti aging and scars reduction. Always do a small skin test onyour hand before using any essential oil topically. Always blend with carrier oils such as jojoba, almond and coconut oil.
- Blue Chamomille – The Calming one. Chamomile is for me the best oil to use before bed. You can either put a few drops in your bath, under the pillow, blend some in your body cream or simple as aromatherapy in your bedroom. Though it is on the pricey side of things, you only need a small amount at each use and it has always worked wonders for me.
- Lemon – The purifying one. Lemon essential oil is great for cleaning products and to purify your home after cooking. It smells good and is really refreshing. Put a few drops in hot water with a bit of soap before cleaning your floor and kitchen surfaces.
- Rosemary – My go to focus oil. I don’t know how many bottles of rosemary oil I’ve gone through during my nutrition studies. I tend to mix it with lemon or bergamot which are uplifting oils. It’s a great mix that will help enhance focus and productivity.
Some of my favourite brands are Aqua Oleum, Bioflore, Tisserand, Do Terra and Amour natural. When buying essential oils, always check they are pure and come from a reputable source.